Search This Blog

11 December 2022

GRC Event 2022 - FORWARD SG πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬


      

As a member of the Grassroots Committee (GRC), I'm thankful for the opportunities to meet and interact with people, from different walks of life through social / community events. I've been a Grassroots Leader for more than 3 years and in YEC many years back. Personally, I believe in giving back to the society and I am honored to have contributed my humble support to serve the community.

      

I recently attended a GRC private event at Devan Nair Institute, located at Jurong East.

FORWARD SG is a nationwide campaign that was launched to let the community come together to explore new values, goals, propositions on social compact and to shape the future for Singapore.

The exercise is organised into six pillars to strengthen our solidarity as a society.

▪️ EMPOWER        ▪️ BUILD
▪️ EQUIP                ▪️ STEWARD
▪️ CARE                  ▪️ UNITE

Refreshments before the event starts...

        

       

             
                  (Thank goodness! I haven't had my breakfast,lolπŸ˜…)

It was a huge group and a scheduled event, so we were divided into different sub groups and everyone get to pick a topic that they are most interested to discuss.

I chose the topic on EQUIP, which highlight on Education and Lifelong Learning, that we can introduce new skills/re-skills/up-skills programs in our educational system, to equip the students with valuable skills that will create more career opportunities and future endeavors.

       
 
My group includes 5 Secondary School students and another parent.

The students were very polite and a little shy at first, but after some ice-breaking and brainstorming, the teenagers are vocal and engaging on sharing their personal views, suggestions and their school life experience. It's great to see our younger generations filled with passion and enthusiasm on their dreams, goals and aspirations.
 
As a group, we believe that education is extremely important, but we should also focus on interpersonal skills and the ability to express ourselves confidently in general communication and public speaking etc. Every students should be given equal opportunities to explore their talents and full potentials, regardless their streaming categorised.

As a parent and in my opinion, I encourage progressive education that enhance on Social Skills, Problem Solving, Leadership, Teamwork and building Strong Mental Well-Being. As mentioned before on my earlier blogs, I believe (EQ) is just as important for a child's learning journey, aside from getting good grades (IQ) and academy achievements.

Our children and younger generation is our future and hope.
I believe in order for a country to achieve advanced milestones, technological innovations and to improve the quality of life, we must adjust our mentality, be flexible and welcome new ideas, plans and directions towards the stages of transitions. 
 
Changes can be challenging and uncomfortable, but a country cannot remain in stagnation. We have to keep up with new skills, knowledge, self-growth & self-improvement as we progress. This will benefit every individual in the competitive world today.

I took this picture before the event, very creative design and I love the words on the stairs. "Every Step Brings You Closer To Success."

         

Everyone plays an important role for a nation's development and progression, it doesn't matter if you are the working adults, homemakers, students, retirees etc..Regardless what background, ethnicity, cultures and beliefs, we can all contribute to our society as a community. Every effort and contribution matters!πŸ‘

It's been a privilege to attend the event and I learned something new during this interactive dialogue session and I don't mind sacrificing my Sunday morning,lol.πŸ˜„
 
 
This is the first time I get to meet Minister Desmond Lee (Minister for National Development of Singapore) in person. A warm and friendly gentleman with a cheerful smile. Minister Lee gave a summary speech on the key contents that were discussed on the event.

It was an enjoyable event and a pleasure to meet many new friends and the Minister/MPs in our constituency. I look forward to more GRC events to come.

Coming Together is a Bonding
Keeping Together is Progress.
Working Together is Success.

Christmas is just around the corner and it's my favorite time of the year. I take this opportunity to wish everyone a joyous Christmas seasons and a wonderful New Year 2023! πŸŽ„πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰

                   

For more updates and information on 
FORWARD SGplease visit their website.



*Remark : A Blog For Public Awareness on FORWARD SG. Photo/Written By :  Mandy Law (aka Mommywarrior77)



Connect with Mommywarrior77
Instagram | Facebook  | Tiktok | Email




16 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Great blog .:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thanks for checking out my blog.πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰

      Delete
  2. Very good and well written, thx for sharing!πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My pleasure to share some thoughts.πŸ₯°πŸ˜Ž✌️

      Delete
  3. Well done Mandy, thank you for your hardwork and contributions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for lovely comment Mrs Poh, I will do my best and hope to contribute more.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ŠπŸ’–

      Delete
  4. Good job! We need talents like you.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thanks for the compliment Mike! I believe there are many talents in Singapore.πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work! You have so many talents Mandy.πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww..thank you so much Matthew! You made my day! Cheers..πŸ˜‰πŸ˜„πŸ’–

      Delete
  7. Love your blog, inspiring and informative.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry, glad you like my content. Stick around! πŸ₯°πŸ˜‰✌️

      Delete
  8. Good blog. Happy holiday to u and your family.πŸ™‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Paul, enjoy the Christmas holiday! πŸ₯³πŸ˜Š

      Delete
  9. Great thoughts. I agree with you.:D

    ReplyDelete